An Overview of AUW from My First Month of School

Ratana Pouv

Source
I have only been here for a month, but I have learned so much from my surroundings and the diverse women around me. Just talking to my Bangladeshi friends daily has given me insight into their culture and traditions. It’s as simple as my complaining to them “The food here is too spicy for me.” Then, our conversation leads to us learning more about each other’s foods and the way we eat. When we go out, I would point out that the traffic here is so jammed, unlike back home where the city I live in is not this congested. And from that, my friends and I would share our experiences being on the road in our home countries. It’s those few words that lead us to understand so much about other cultures and ways of living. Sometimes it’s small questions like “How much does this cost?” and then we would have endless conversations about the prices of products from our countries. I am glad that there’s a diversity among us because instead of separating us, it actually brings us together. ­

No comments

Powered by Blogger.