My Experience at AUW

Shidratul Muntaha
Source

My first day at AUW was quite mesmerizing for me! It was a beautiful morning with gentle rain. I and my sister, both were waiting at the “Tale Space” for our call from the admission office. A girl was playing piano there. I was looking around the place, noting every single detail of my dream university. The students with books, the paintings and the photos on the wall, the chairs, the desks, tables everything seemed beautiful to me. After some time, we got our call and my admission procedure was done by noon.

20 days have passed since then. In these twenty days, I experienced a lot. The first thing was my roommates and classmates, who came from different countries and cultures. One of my roommates was from Vietnam, the other one was from Myanmar and the third one was from Afghanistan. It is really fun living with people from different regions. I have got to learn so many things about their country, their people, their foods, their dresses, language, fairytales and all that!

The curriculum of AUW was another great experience for me. I have never seen such curriculum in our schools and colleges. I think, most of the students from our country will agree with me. In our educational institutions, we used to memorize everything, but here, we are doing assignments, making presentations, and practicing self-learning, which was beyond imagination in my school and college life. We even have “Karate” here. After coming here, I realized how fun learning is!

However, I ran into some difficulties as well. As I had no experience living far away from my parents and sisters, I really had a hard time adapting to this new environment. Sharing a room with four other girls was a problem, too. But actually, these are minor problems. The main problem was the curriculum, though it was not supposed to be a problem. As I am from a different educational system, sometimes I get stuck. For instance, I am from an arts background, but I have to study biology here. However, I am an optimistic person, and I hope to learn things quickly. InshaAllah, the journey will be fun.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.