I Am Okay



Kitsune-sama

“Are you okay?" they asked.
They asked me if I was okay.
Am I okay?

"Yes, I am okay." I replied with a smile.
But I was not okay!

I was dying inside, choking on my sorrows which I couldn't handle.
Fighting back my tears, I gave them a smile.

A smile
Which meant "I'm okay."

"Why?" you ask "why?"
Why did I say I was okay when I was far from being "Okay"

Well,
Wasn't it the answer that they wanted to hear when they asked me, "Are you okay?"
"Yes, I am okay."

I'll answer this every single time you ask me if I'm okay
Be it the truth or not.
Every single time I'll give you a smile and tell you that I'm okay.
Yes, I want you to be there for me.
But No, I don't want to be pitied.
I don't want to be the victim of your pity.

I'm stuck, unable to move.
But I won't cry out for help.

Cause we are in a generation where,
"Not being able to be okay"

Is "Okay"
So yes,
I am okay.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.