Inside the Mask

By Kitsune-sama

There are times when I want to cry and am in the verge of a breakdown, but then I keep postponing it. I do this because in this place I am always surrounded by weak souls pretending to be brave, pretending to be happy and satisfied with their life. Their mask looks strong but those masks hide lonely lost souls wanting to be loved and screaming to be saved. But their voice dies out before they can seek out for help, because the stigma around mental health is too strong. Being afraid to be isolated in this already cruel world, these souls keep making their mask stronger. So, I hold my pain inside me as I am afraid to taint them and break their fragile souls and trap them in their own hard cage like a mask. Because in a small place like this, one’s breakdown will lead to another like a domino effect. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.